Monday, April 4, 2011

Marginally Related and About Clothing...but Not Tartan!

Ok, so I still need to write about London but I'm heading back tomorrow for a Vogue Magazine event and am exhausted, so instead here's a sneak peak.  My one thing I really wanted to do in London was go to the Victoria and Albert Museum, which we did and I was thrilled with it.  I kept walking around corners and freaking out about stuff...which it seems is turning into a really bad habit of mine (oh, well).
One of the things I had a conniption about was a costume on display in the Performing Arts section of the museum, which had been worn by Adam Ant in the music video for Prince Charming.  I LOVE Adam Ant.  As he describes in one of his songs, he's an "eighteenth century brain in a twenty-first century head".  Fabulous.  Prince Charming is actually one of my least favorite songs, but the music video for it is awesome.  Here it is:


Love the ridiculous 1980s-ness of the whole thing.  Here's the costume from the V and A:
 I was really pleased.

And just because I've got you now:



No comments:

Post a Comment