Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bits and Pieces: Video Edition!

So the spanikopita is in the oven, and I've finally gotten my timing right to listen to WERS.  For those of you not in Boston, WERS is Emerson College's radio station.  Except for the few hours at night when the reggae show is on, WERS is by far my favorite radio station.  When I was little we used to listen to 'The Playground,' the kids' show on Friday and Saturday evenings, and Mom and Dad requested "I Won't Grow Up" from Peter Pan for me, then recorded it on cassette :)  When I'm within range, I listen to their Saturday and Sunday morning showtunes program, 'Standing Room Only' whenever I'm in the car or around the house.  Now, with the magic of the internet, I can listen to the live stream online from anywhere-even Scotland!  The problem us that it's on 5 hours later here...it's taken me a few weeks to figure out the timing on that.  Ok, I promise I'm done raving about the radio now, except that they're playing a song from Little Women which just seems kind of perfect.  Listen for yourself sometime: http://www.wers.org/

Anyways, while I'm waiting for the spanikopita to come out of the oven, I wanted to share a couple of videos.
This is from dancing at Bothwell Castle at Fresher's Weekend.  I'm dancing, so obviously I didn't take the video.  Also, we were dancing on partially-frozen mud, so that's why everyone looks a little stiff.  We were trying really hard not to fall.


And in my previous post I mentioned Samhainn, the pagan fire festival we went to on Halloween.  This is a clip of some of the performers doing fire work.  It was really cool, but unfortunately we were kind of far and it was dark...thus the bad quality.


And one last thing:
Here I am with some friends on our hike to the waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment