Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dancing 'til Sundown

I'm trying very hard to balance my revision with breaks, especially active ones.  Last Sunday I took a great break and went to the St Andrews Castle Ceilidh, which was in the ruins of St Andrews Castle.  It was so much fun!  As I've mentioned before, ceilidhs are traditional Scottish dance events, and happen both as stand-alone events and as part of other things, like weddings.  I've learned many of the dances during lessons with New Scotland (the dance group at Edinburgh), and had a great time whirling around with my friends!  It was really tiring though-dance uphill/on grass is hard.
setting up for a dance

waltzing!

more waltzing!
The castle ruins are right on the beach, so there were absolutely gorgeous views when I took a break from dancing.

However, I tried not to take too many breaks, because it got cold as the sun went down.  As usually, I have practically no photographic evidence that I did actually dance, but I stole a picture from facebook for you! I'm pretty sure I'm setting, but it's hard to tell since I can't see my feet. whoops.




From Baa Baa Black Sheep


It was a really beautiful sunset, though.

After it was too dark to dance, the ceilidh-goers walked a torchlight procession down to the pier.  It was really lovely, and a perfect way to see out May Day.  I love torches.



sorry about the blurriness :(



It was a wonderful night, full of great people and dancing...and tartan!

No comments:

Post a Comment