Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Break: London (part 2)

Ok, I know I am inexcusably behind on blog entries.  I blame being a responsible college student and revising for my exams after my parents left.  But I'm done revising for the day, so I'm getting on with it!
I have an entry going about the V and A Museum, so stay tuned.  But skipping forward a bit, after a jaunt back to Edinburgh for a few days so my friend could visit Scotland, I headed back to London to attend the Golden Ticket Event, a party thrown by Vogue London and Tatler for Naomi Campbell's pop-up store and the Westfield Mall.
Basically, it was a night of gorgeous clothes, delicious cocktails, and swanning around in heels like true fashionistas.  Also, cupcakes.  Cupcakes are in. Cupcakes and sushi.

There isn't really a ton to say about the event, because it was just two of my friends from work in Boston (who are both currently in London) and I wandering through shops being fabulous.  Apparently Naomi Campbell and several other fashion celebrities were there, but we avoided the paparrazi and therefore missed them...oops.
Pictures! (obviosuly. being fabulous is all about the pictures.)

there was a 'fashion photographer' taking pictures of us during the event...we're ridiculous. it was wicked fun.

heading over in the taxi

the crowd/paparazzi outside Naomi Campbell's launch 

my friends from work


taking home roses after the event
 It was certainly a memorable adventure! but man, did our feet hurt after five hours in heels. Really glad I don't have to be a fashion icon all the time (just kidding)!

1 comment: